There is a proverb “If you give the man a fish, you feed him for one day; however, if you teach him to fish, you feed him for the rest of his life”. If you know how to design a diet suited for your health challenges you live a life of optimal health, and if you want to achieve optimal health, may this blog be the steppingstone for you – smriti Indarapu.
Hello everyone, I am Nutritionist Smriti Indarapu, a Post Graduate Diploma holder in Nutrition and Dietetics, practicing nutrition for the last 10 years. The journey started when we were having our family and a doctor told me to focus on what I eat. This search led me to know that how healthy our body is a direct action of what we eat. If you take only a similar kind of diet that leads you to gain weight you cannot expect to reduce weight with the same diet. If you only look at reducing calories in your diet, you may probably also reduce vital nutrition from your plate too. The curiosity towards nutrition led me to complete the course of Post Graduate diploma in Nutrition and dietetics from a reputed institute in Mumbai, India and my mathematical background helped me to develop my first calorie calculator.
About Veg Diet Plans
I am thankful to all of my clients living in India, US, Canada, Europe and Australia who encouraged me to create this blog where you can read and access my recipes for incorporation into your diet. At www.vegdietplans.com I believe that the best means to bring constructive changes in people’s well-being is to help them understand nutrition beyond calories, carbs and fats. That’s why my recipes and diet plans are based on nutrition in addition to calories, carbohydrates and fats which can help you to address diet related to lifestyle health challenges by analyzing the micronutrients parts such as vitamins and minerals.
My veg diet plans and recipes come with comprehensive nutritional information of more than 30 nutrients with their comparison to the percentage of daily values so that you can consider them as per the risk related with your health. This can help you focus on specific nutrients or their groups that are important in a particular disease thus, making your diet plan more goal oriented.
I am certain that it is time now to analyze the nutrition of recipes together and not just look at calories. If you are overweight or diabetic or have any other health issue you need to look at the group of nutrients in your recipe or meal. Analysis of your food nutrients is a critical task to set you on the path of good health.
Having said that, I do not pretend or claim that these veg diet plans recipes will solve all your health-related issues. Readers are requested to consult doctors for medical issues. These recipes and diet plans may be considered by the users as a guiding factor only. It is always good to take up personalized diet consultation with a healthy advisor you trust.
- Vitamin A value of this recipe is the summation of Beta carotene and retinol converted into its retinol equivalent and calculated in micrograms (mcg or µg)
- Vitamin D value of this recipe is the summation of Ergocalciferol (D2), and Cholecalciferol, D3, calculated in micrograms (mcg or µg)
- Vitamin K value of this recipe is the summation of vitamin K1, Phylloquinones and Vitamin K2, Menaquinones calculated in micrograms (mcg or µg)
- Omega 3 value of this recipe nutrition of the recipe is the summation of a-Linolenic (C18:3n3), eicosa – pentaenoic (C20:5n3), docosa – hexaenoic (C22:6n3) calculated in milligrams (mg)
- Omega 6 value of this recipe nutrition of the recipe is the summation of Linoleic (C18:2n6), Eicosatrienoic (C20:3n6), Arachidonic (C20:4n6), calculated in milligrams mg
- Typographical errors may be possible, readers are advised to verify the nutritional values at their cost.
- Quantity of spices, small ingredients weighing less than 1 gram may not be considered while calculating nutrition as it varies from person to person. However, you can add all the ingredients including spices as low as 1 gm weight to calculate the nutrients of your own recipe using the Diet Kundali app.
- To calculate complete nutrition including small foods such as spices, it is recommended to generate your monthly diet chart from the Diet Kundali app as it shall show proportionate use of spice throughout the month.