- Prep Time30 minutes
- Cook Time10 minutes
This banana oats smoothie for weight loss provides only 182 kCal per serving and hence can be added in weight loss diet. The healthy smoothie for weight loss can be a good alternative for replacing your teatime snacks of mid-morning or evening. For those who don’t have time to make breakfast during their rush hour, can also have this weight loss smoothie in their diet.
Banana oats smoothie recipe highlights
- This recipe is made with banana which is an all-time favourite food for many.
- Banana has a mild sweet taste that is loved by all and contains good amount of potassium and dietary fiber.
- Oats add more fiber and proteins to the recipe.
- This smoothie is being prepared in curd which provides probiotics for good gut health. This is a very healthy oats smoothie as it contains good amount of proteins, fiber and omega 3 fatty acids in a single serving.
- Bananas are available in all seasons, so you can make this oats smoothie anytime throughout the year.
- Overall, this is a very tasty smoothie that provides satiety which is a key aspect controlling our hunger. Let’s see how this smoothie is prepared.
Best time to take banana oats smoothie: Breakfast, Mid-morning, Evening?
Many people prefer tea or coffee at around 11 am and 5 pm. This tea / coffee is also accompanied by biscuits or packaged food that adds more calories which hinders weight loss progress. You can have this smoothie as a replacement of those mid-morning or evening high calorie snacks & beverages.
Read other quick recipes
Banana Oats smoothie - Ingredient
Nutrition in Banana Oats Smoothie
Serving size: 1 banana oats smoothie
Calories in banana oats smoothie
Calories in banana oats smoothie are 181.32 kCal; as much as 9.07 % of male DRI of 2000 kCal. Therefore, it can attain 12.09 % of female DRI of 1500 kCal.
Protein forms 13.46 % of the calories
Carbs form 49.08 % of the calories in banana oats smoothie.
Fats form 36.68 % of the calories.
Macros in banana oats smoothie
Protein in banana oats smoothie – 6.1 gm, particularly 8.13 % of male DRI of 75 gm. Further, it can complete 10.84 % of female DRI of 56.25 gm. In general, protein DRI is 15% of calories.
Carbs in banana oats smoothie – 22.25 gm, therefore, is 8.09 % of male DRI of 275 gm. Therefore, it can achieve 10.79 % of female DRI of 206.25 gm. To clarify, carbohydrates DRI is 55% of calories.
Fats in banana oats smoothie – 7.39 gm, notably 11.08 % of male DRI of 66.67 gm. As a result, a woman gets 14.78 % of female DRI of 50.00 gm. Markedly, fats DRI is 30% of calories.
The Fibre in banana oats smoothie – 3.87 gm, thus is, 10.18 % of male DRI of 38 gm. Consequently, females get 15.48 % of female DRI of 25 gm.
Soluble Fibre – 0.36 gm, particularly 3.60 % of male DRI of 10 gm. Consequently, females will get as much as 3.65 % of female DRI of 9.86 gm.
Total Free Sugar – 6.05 gm, which is not only 10.08 % of male DRI of 60 gm but also 12.10 % of female DRI of 50 gm.
Vitamins in banana oats smoothie
Vitamin A – 33.08 mcg, as much as 3.68 % of male DRI of 900 mcg. Furthermore, women can get as much as 4.73 % of female DRI of 700 mcg.
Thiamine (Vitamin B1) – 0.08 mg, particularly 6.67 % of the daily requirement of males of 1.2 mg. Subsequently, females will get 7.27 % of female DRI of 1.1 mg.
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) – 0.19 mg, therefore, is 14.62 % of male DRI of 1.3 mg. Besides, women also get 17.27 % of female DRI of 1.1 mg.
Niacin (Vitamin B3) – 0.82 mg, notably 5.13 % of male DRI of 16 mg and 5.86 % of female DRI of 14 mg.
Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) – 0.19 mg, thus is, 14.62 % of DRI of 1.3 mg for males and females.
Biotin (Vitamin B7) – 0.79 mcg, therefore, is 2.63 % of DRI of 30 mcg for males and females.
Total Folate (Vitamin B9) – 23.08 mcg, as much as 5.77 % of DRI of 400 mcg for males and females.
Cobalamin (Vitamin B12) – 0.13 mcg, particularly 5.42 % of DRI of 2.4 mcg for males and females
L-ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) – 3.18 mg, therefore, is 3.53 % of male DRI of 90 mg. Further, it is 4.24 % of female DRI of 75 mg.
Calciferol (Vitamin D) – 0.13 mcg, notably 2.60 % of DRI of 5 mcg for males and females.
Alpha-tocopherol (Vitamin E) – 0.59 mg, thus is, 3.93 % of DRI of 15 mg for males and females.
Vitamin K – 1.4 mcg, as much as 1.17 % of male DRI of 120 mcg and 1.56 % of female DRI of 90 mcg.
Minerals in banana oats smoothie
Calcium – 187.34 mg, particularly 18.73 % of DRI of 1000 mg for males and females.
Phosphorus – 155.62 mg, therefore, is 22.23 % of DRI of 700 mg for males and females.
Iron – 1.17 mg, notably 14.63 % of male DRI of 8 mg and 6.50 % of female DRI of 18 mg.
Magnesium – 38.5 mg, thus is, 9.63 % of male DRI of 400 mg and 12.42 % of female DRI of 310 mg.
Copper – 70 mcg, as much as 7.78 % of DRI of 900 mcg for males and females.
Manganese – 0.35 mg, particularly 15.22 % of male DRI of 2.3 mg and 19.44 % of female DRI of 1.8 mg.
Molybdenum – 0 mcg, therefore, is 0.00 % of DRI of 45 mcg for males and females.
Zinc – 0.36 mg, notably 3.27 % of male DRI of 11 mg. At the same time, women get 4.50 % of female DRI of 8 mg.
Chromium – 0 mcg, thus is, 0.00 % of male DRI of 35 mcg. Besides, women too get 0.00 % of female DRI of 25 mcg.
Selenium – 2.83 mcg, as much as 5.15 % of DRI of 55 mcg for males and females.
Cholesterol – 15 mg,
Potassium – 168.97 mg, as much as 3.60 % of DRI of 4700 mg for males and females.
Sodium – 51.2 mg, particularly 3.41 % of DRI of 1500 mg for males and females.
Omega 3 – 1216.01 mg, therefore, is 202.67 % of DRI of 600 mg for males and females,
Omega 6 – 402.65 mg, not only 67.11 % of DRI of 600 mg for males and females.
Values of DRI are for a healthy adult. Nutritional and energy requirements may vary as per gender, age and physical activities. Nutritional values of banana oats smoothie are approximate and may have variance
- If you have elevated blood sugar levels, please replace banana with other low-calorie fruit such as guava.
- This smoothie contains banana as an ingredient. The weight of banana is chosen carefully not to burden the smoothie with calories. If you don’t have small banana, use half banana of larger size.
- This oats smoothie is ideal to be added as a mid-morning or beverage in place of tea or coffee with snacks. To add it in breakf-ast and increase the protein content of the smoothie, you may also consider adding a sugar free all plant protein powder in the blender. This will give more satiety for the day ahead without adding much calorie load in your diet.
Frequently asked questions
Weight Loss smoothie
This weight loss smoothie is being prepared for single serving.
Soak chia seeds for 25 to 30 minutes. Chia seeds are rich in protein, fiber and essential fatty acids. You can use flax seeds also if chia seeds are not available to you.
Dry roast the rolled oats for up to 3 to 4 minutes on low to medium flame. In case you don’t have rolled oats, you can use instant oats too.
If you don’t have weighing scale choose a small banana.
Now add curd.
Add chia seeds.
Add rolled oats in the mixer jar.
Add half cup water and grind the solution for up to 1 minute in the grinder.
Garnish with remaining half banana and roasted almonds and rose petals. Using rose petals are optional. You may skip this step
Serve with love or enjoy yourself. If you are following weight loss plan for any reason, I am sure you will want to add this healthy smoothie for weight loss in your diet as it is easy to prepare. If so, you can repeat it couple of more times in a week. By roasting around half kg oats at once, you can save time for future preparation of this weight loss smoothie.
- banana oats smoothie benefits
- banana oats smoothie calories
- Banana oats smoothie good for weight loss
- banana oats smoothie nutrition
- easy weight loss smoothie
- Healthy breakfast smoothie for weight loss
- healthy recipe for weight loss
- How to make Banana Smoothie for weight loss
- low calorie smoothie for weight loss
- oats smoothie for weight loss
- quick and easy recipe
- weight loss smoothie
- weight loss smoothie recipe
- weight loss smoothie without protein powder