Prep Time15 mins
This instant Bajra dosa for weight loss contains 111 calories in a single dosa. The bajra dosa is also called Kambu dosai in South India and is very famous. Let’s see how to make this kambu dosa. Owing to its high nutritional properties, it is a superfood. Bajra dosa is good for weight loss too.
Benefits of Bajra (Peral millet)
- Bajra or pearl millet is an essential crop in Asia and Africa. It has highly nutritious and has many health-promoting qualities.
- Peral millet is rich in iron and zinc. Those suffering from iron or zinc deficiency or other malnutrition may be benefitted from Peral millet in their diet.
- Bajra is also high in soluble fibre and insoluble fibre. Pearl millet recipes can help you mitigate hidden hunger.
- Pearl millet also has essential amino acids, high antioxidants, and polyphenols. Bajra can be considered a nutritional powerhouse.
- Bajra food is gluten-free, low GI food, so that it can be a good cereal for people suffering from lifestyle diseases.
Highlights of Bajra dosa for weight loss
- Kambu dosa (bajra dosa) is a good option for winter breakfast. The Bajra dosa is nutritionally superior to many other traditional dosas.
- Bajra dosa contains essential amino acids and is also packed with antioxidants and polyphenols. Bajra dosa is a nutritional powerhouse.
- Bajra dosa is rich in zinc and iron. This bajra dosa may profit those who have a deficiency of iron or zinc
- Bajra dosa contains high soluble fibres, which helps maintain a healthy gut, cholesterol, and glucose levels.
- If you have gluten sensitivity, you can consider this kambu dosa in your diet.
- Bajra dosa is good for weight loss as its carbohydrate is slowly digested. It keeps the stomach full for longer and provides more nutrition with fewer calories than dosa made from other cereals.
Read more weight loss recipes
Ingredients of Bajara dosa for weight loss
Bajra dosa meal nutrition compared with male and female RDA.
Serving– 3 nos of kambu dosa (bajra dosa) without chutney
Calories in bajra dosa
a. Calories in bajra dosa are 335.34 kCal; as much as 16.77 % of male DRI of 2000 kCal. Therefore, it can attain 22.36 % of female DRI of 1500 kCal.
b. Protein forms 11.16 % of the calories
c. Carbs form 48.52 % of the calories in bajra dosa.
d. Fats form 38.49 % of the calories.
Macros in bajra dosa
a. Protein in bajra dosa – 9.36 gm, particularly 12.48 % of male DRI of 75 gm. Further, it can complete 16.64 % of female DRI of 56.25 gm. In general, protein DRI is 15% of calories.
b. Carbs in bajra dosa – 40.68 gm, therefore, is 14.79 % of male DRI of 275 gm. Therefore, it can achieve 19.72 % of female DRI of 206.25 gm. To clarify, carbohydrates DRI is 55% of calories.
c. Fats in bajra dosa – 14.34 gm, notably 21.51 % of male DRI of 66.67 gm. As a result, a woman gets 28.68 % of female DRI of 50.00 gm. Markedly, fats DRI is 30% of calories.
d. The Fibre in bajra dosa – 12.12 gm, thus is, 31.89 % of male DRI of 38 gm. Consequently, females get 48.48 % of female DRI of 25 gm.
e. Soluble Fibre – 2.61 gm, particularly 26.10 % of male DRI of 10 gm. Consequently, females will get as much as 26.47 % of female DRI of 9.86 gm.
f. Total Free Sugar – 13.32 gm, which is not only 22.20 % of male DRI of 60 gm but also 26.64 % of female DRI of 50 gm.
a. Vitamin A – 179.64 mcg, as much as 19.96 % of male DRI of 900 mcg. Furthermore, women can get as much as 25.66 % of female DRI of 700 mcg.
b. Thiamine (Vitamin B1) – 0.27 mg, particularly 22.50 % of the daily requirement of males of 1.2 mg. Subsequently, females will get 24.55 % of female DRI of 1.1 mg.
c. Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) – 0.21 mg, therefore, is 16.15 % of male DRI of 1.3 mg. Besides, women also get 19.09 % of female DRI of 1.1 mg.
d. Niacin (Vitamin B3) – 1.08 mg, notably 6.75 % of male DRI of 16 mg and 7.71 % of female DRI of 14 mg.
e. Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) – 0.3 mg, thus is, 23.08 % of DRI of 1.3 mg for males and females.
f. Biotin (Vitamin B7) – 39.51 mcg, therefore, is 131.70 % of DRI of 30 mcg for males and females.
g. Total Folate (Vitamin B9) – 101.85 mcg, as much as 25.46 % of DRI of 400 mcg for males and females.
h. Cobalamin (Vitamin B12) – 0 mcg, particularly 0.00 % of DRI of 2.4 mcg for males and females
i. L-ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) – 10.11 mg, therefore, is 11.23 % of male DRI of 90 mg. Further, it is 13.48 % of female DRI of 75 mg.
j. Calciferol (Vitamin D) – 10.14 mcg, notably 202.80 % of DRI of 5 mcg for males and females.
k. Alpha-tocopherol (Vitamin E) – 0.36 mg, thus is, 2.40 % of DRI of 15 mg for males and females.
l. Vitamin K – 54.21 mcg, as much as 45.18 % of male DRI of 120 mcg and 60.23 % of female DRI of 90 mcg.
a. Calcium – 186.24 mg, particularly 18.62 % of DRI of 1000 mg for males and females.
b. Phosphorus – 249.75 mg, therefore, is 35.68 % of DRI of 700 mg for males and females.
c. Iron – 6.12 mg, notably 76.50 % of male DRI of 8 mg and 34.00 % of female DRI of 18 mg.
d. Magnesium – 130.98 mg, thus is, 32.75 % of male DRI of 400 mg and 42.25 % of female DRI of 310 mg.
e. Copper – 600 mcg, as much as 66.67 % of DRI of 900 mcg for males and females.
f. Manganese – 1.26 mg, particularly 54.78 % of male DRI of 2.3 mg and 70.00 % of female DRI of 1.8 mg.
g. Molybdenum – 30 mcg, therefore, is 66.67 % of DRI of 45 mcg for males and females.
h. Zinc – 2.67 mg, notably 24.27 % of male DRI of 11 mg. At the same time, women get 33.38 % of female DRI of 8 mg.
i. Chromium – 30 mcg, thus is, 85.71 % of male DRI of 35 mcg. Besides, women too get 120.00 % of female DRI of 25 mcg.
j. Selenium – 22.2 mcg, as much as 40.36 % of DRI of 55 mcg for males and females.
k. Cholesterol – 54.15 mg,
l. Potassium – 348.9 mg, as much as 7.42 % of DRI of 4700 mg for males and females.
m. Sodium – 42.45 mg, particularly 2.83 % of DRI of 1500 mg for males and females.
n. Omega 3 – 157.05 mg, therefore, is 26.18 % of DRI of 600 mg for males and females,
o. Omega 6 – 4661.52 mg, not only 776.92 % of DRI of 600 mg for males and females.
Values of RDA are for a healthy adult aged between 19 to 50 years; energy requirements may change as per gender, age, and physical activities. Nutritional values of bajra dosa are approximate and may vary. The nutritional value of chutney is not considered while comparing the nutrition of kambu dosa with male-female RDA.
Take a bowl to add 40 gm Bajra atta (Peral millet flour).
Add 100 gm grated Lauki (bottle gourd) 10 gm.
Add Coriander leaves.
Add spices now like turmeric powder, salt, asafetida (hing), red chilli powder (Mirch Powder), carom seeds (Ajwain), cumin seeds (jeera). Mix well.
Now add nearly 1/4th cup water. Mix well.
Batter consistency should be like this.
Keep it aside for 5 min.
Now grease the pan with little oil.
Add some sesame seeds to the pan.
Now spread the instant bajra dosa batter on the tawa.
Add a little til (sesame seeds) on top of the dosa.
Cook both sides; it takes nearly 5 min to cook.
Our healthy instant weight loss dosa is ready to serve.
We can have 2 - 3 instant dosa with tomato chutney during breakfast or dinner.