- Cuisine: Indian
- Difficulty: Medium
- Prep Time10 hours 20 mins
- Cook Time20 mins
The Soya dosa recipe is a famous Indian breakfast crepe made from soaked soyabean batter. You can make the batter quickly and then make the dosa on a hot pan. You can eat soya dosa with chutney and sambar or any other sauce of your choice. They are also popular as an appetizer.
Soya dosa is high protein and nutritious, making it an ideal option for those following a high protein vegetarian or vegan diet.I am serving soya dosa with chutney.
Health benefits of soya dosas
- High in protein – Soya dosa is a protein-rich breakfast food. It contains 5.48 grams of protein per dosa, which can help you start your day off right.
- Rich in fibre – Soya dosa is also a good source of dietary fiber, with 11.31 grams in a soya dosa meal. This high-protein, high-fiber breakfast food can help you feel full and energized all morning long.
- Low in carbs – Soya dosa is made with soya bean batter, a legume. It is low in carbs and gives 7.75 grams of carbs per serving. Soya dosa is a healthy and nutritious option for those looking for a low-carb meal.
- Best for weight loss – Soya dosa helps in weight loss as it is common in calories and high in protein. Moreover, it is a good source of protein that helps build muscle mass and burn fat. Soya dosa also keeps you feeling fuller for longer, preventing overeating.
- Better for diabetes – This dosa is low in carbohydrates and high in fibre, making it a healthy option for those who are looking to manage their blood sugar levels. Additionally, soya dosa is a good source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, making it a nutritious breakfast or snack option.
- Cholesterol–free – A vegan-friendly option, soya dosa is cholesterol free, gluten free and a good source of protein. Soya dosa is a great way to start your day as it is nutritious and easy to digest.
Soya dosa nutrition compared with male and female DRI (Dietary Reference Intake)
Serving size: 3 soya dosas for a meal
Calories in soya dosa
a. Calories in soya dosa are 300.3 kCal; as much as 15.02 % of male DRI of 2000 kCal. Therefore, it can attain 20.02 % of female DRI of 1500 kCal.
b. Protein forms 21.90 % of the calories
c. Carbs form 30.97 % of the calories in soya dosa.
d. Fats form 45.04 % of the calories.
Macros in soya dosa
a. Potein in soya dosa – 16.44 gm, particularly 21.92 % of male DRI of 75 gm. Further, it can complete 29.23 % of female requirement of 56.25 gm. Over-all, protein DRI is 15% of calories.
b. Carbs in soya dosa – 23.25 gm, therefore, is 8.45 % of male DRI of 275 gm. Therefore, it can achieve 11.27 % of female DRI of 206.25 grams. To simplify, carbohydrates DRI is 55% of calories.
c. Fats in soya dosa – 15.03 gm, notably 22.54 % of male DRI of 66.67 gm. As a result, a woman gets 30.06 % of female DRI of 50.00 gm. Markedly, fats DRI is 30% of calories.
d. The fibre in soya dosa – 11.31 gm, thus is, 29.76 % of male DRI of 38 gm. Consequently, females get 45.24 % of female DRI of 25 gm.
e. Soluble Fibre – 2.7 gm, particularly 27.00 % of male DRI of 10 gm. Consequently, females will get as much as 27.38 % of female DRI of 9.86 gm.
f. Total Free Sugar – 2.97 gm, which is not only 4.95 % of male DRI of 60 gm but also 5.94 % of female DRI of 50 gm.
Vitamins in soya dosa
a. Vitamin A – 3.06 mcg, as much as 0.34 % of male DRI of 900 mcg. Also, women can get as much as 0.44 % of female DRI of 700 mcg.
b. Thiamine (Vitamin B1) – 0.27 mg, particularly 22.50 % of the daily requirement of males of 1.2 mg. Subsequently, females will get 24.55 % of female DRI of 1.1 mg.
c. Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) – 0.12 mg, therefore, is 9.23 % of male DRI of 1.3 mg. Besides, women also get 10.91 % of female DRI of 1.1 mg.
d. Niacin (Vitamin B3) – 1.38 mg, notably 8.63 % of male DRI of 16 mg and 9.86 % of female DRI of 14 mg.
e. Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) – 0.24 mg, thus is, 18.46 % of DRI of 1.3 mg for males and females.
f. Biotin (Vitamin B7) – 2.94 mcg, therefore, is 9.80 % of DRI of 30 mcg for males and females.
g. Total Folate (Vitamin B9) – 155.61 mcg, as much as 38.90 % of DRI of 400 mcg for males and females.
h. Cobalamin (Vitamin B12) – 0 mcg, particularly 0.00 % of DRI of 2.4 mcg for males and females
i. L-ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) – 5.4 mg, therefore, is 6.00 % of male DRI of 90 mg. Further, it is 7.20 % of female DRI of 75 mg.
j. Calciferol (Vitamin D) – 26.91 mcg, notably 538.20 % of DRI of 5 mcg for males and females.
k. Alpha-tocopherol (Vitamin E) – 0.54 mg, thus is, 3.60 % of DRI of 15 mg for males and females.
l. Vitamin K – 20.49 mcg, as much as 17.08 % of male DRI of 120 mcg and 22.77 % of female DRI of 90 mcg.
Minerals in soya dosa
a. Calcium – 92.13 mg, particularly 9.21 % of DRI of 1000 mg for males and females.
b. Phosphorus – 225.69 mg, therefore, is 32.24 % of DRI of 700 mg for males and females.
c. Iron – 3.54 mg, notably 44.25 % of male DRI of 8 mg and 19.67 % of female DRI of 18 mg.
d. Magnesium – 88.05 mg, thus is, 22.01 % of male DRI of 400 mg and 28.40 % of female DRI of 310 mg.
e. Copper – 409.89 mcg, as much as 45.54 % of DRI of 900 mcg for males and females.
f. Manganese – 1.14 mg, particularly 49.57 % of male DRI of 2.3 mg and 63.33 % of female DRI of 1.8 mg.
g. Molybdenum – 0.06 mcg, therefore, is 0.13 % of DRI of 45 mcg for males and females.
h. Zinc – 1.74 mg, notably 15.82 % of male DRI of 11 mg. At the same time, women get 21.75 % of female DRI of 8 mg.
i. Chromium – 6.72 mcg, thus is 19.20 % of male DRI of 35 mcg. Besides, women too get 26.88 % of female DRI of 25 mcg.
j. Selenium – 7.95 mcg, as much as 14.45 % of DRI of 55 mcg for males and females.
k. Cholesterol – 0 mg,
l. Potassium – 771.3 mg, as much as 16.41 % of DRI of 4700 mg for males and females.
m. Sodium – 4.29 mg, particularly 0.29 % of DRI of 1500 mg for males and females.
n. Omega 3 – 514.62 mg, therefore, is 85.77 % of DRI of 600 mg for males and females.
o. Omega 6 – 5800.38 mg, not only 966.73 % of DRI of 600 mg for males and females.
Read more soybean recipes
Ingredients of Soya Dosa
Take a bowl and add ½ cup soya beans.
Add 1/4th cup of rice
Add 1 tsp fenugreek seeds.
Add water and wash it 2 - 3 times.
Now add sufficient water and soak it overnight.
The next day rewash the mix.
Add soaked soyabean and rice into the mixer jar.